Saturday, February 28, 2009

Teen Angst (more old writing)

I am not a girl. I am not an adult, yet. I am not a child. I am not white, I am not black, I am not yellow, I am not rich, I am not poor, I am not nothing. I am not dead. I am not loved. I know not what I am, but I do know w hat I am not. I am not intelligent. I am not good at math. I am not. I am not what my parents want me to be. I am not as I want me to be. I am not a wielder of slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, but I am not one who does not suffer from these slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. I am not one to dislike Shakespeare. I am not a liberal. I am not a member of the religous right. I am not normal. Apparently, I am not a real Indian, at least according to those kids in the cult of IASA. I am not one to eat like them, talk like them, dress like them, eat liek them, listen to their not music, or enjoy their not culture. I am not one to share their interests or their vices, there fore I am not Indian for I am not one to fit in their box of what it means to be Indian. I am not what I seem. I am not a druggie, I am not an alcohlic. I am not a cigarette smoker. I am not skinny. I am not liked. I am not what I'm not. I am not cultured. I am not confident. I am not sure of myself. I am not attractive. I am not gay. I am not sure of what I am. I am not me. I am not not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment